PDA

View Full Version : Can't use the forum.. Virus killing the "image verification" widget??

Skipperme
2011-05-13, 05:51
I have a virus on my XP Pro side of my iMac. Google Redirect.. I'm now on a different machine for reasons I will now explain..

So I'm trying to get involved in the forums here to do the Malware sequence with ERUNT and DDS and so on. But I wasn't registered when I started the process, then realized, of course, that I needed to register.

Here's the rub. When I tried to register, or any time I tried to do a search, I got "image verification didn't match". Finally realized that the image verifier widget isn't displaying. I've tried Chrome, FF, Safari. It doesn't display.
So I'm on another machine all registered up now, widget displayed and worked fine, but I can't get my sick puppy to let me post to your forum, so I can't post the DDS etc.!!

This happen to anyone else? Is is possibly the virus messing with me some more? Any idea what else may be causing it not to show?

Just a little bit frustrated..

tashi
2011-05-13, 08:06
Topic in the Malware forum: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=62651

A helper will respond there when available. :)

Skipperme
2011-05-14, 05:55
Don't know if this should go in the Malware thread or not, but I'll add it here anyway.

Tried ERUNT + DDS.com 3 times, partway through DDS progress line, hung the machine each time. Dead.

I shall await your call.

Thanks again.