View Full Version : Can't delete file.

Iain60
2011-05-17, 00:23
Hi everybody.
New to group.
If this is the wrong forum, let me know.
Here's my problem, I was cleaning up my HD and found a video, played it to see what it was, and yes it was one of those. Anyway when I tried to delete it, it gave me the "this file cannot be deleted" message. So I ran it through "Secure Shredder" and that got rid of it. But then a new file popped up.
Just some info on the file, it was in a folder I created just for my downloads.
The new file had a new name and extension and would not delete. Every time I ran it through Shredder it would come back with new name and extension.
These are some examples:
speizuap.ydk
dwcytvbs.glp
sdecleen.jml

I got to 15 and quit. I'm concerned it could be a virus. I'm going to try some other things, but any help would be appreciated. Let me know what info you need from my PC.
Thanks
Iain60

tashi
2011-05-17, 06:54
Hello Iain60,

Please see this forum's sticky which also includes guidelines for this forum and instructions in post #2 on how to provide preliminary "DDS" logs used for analysis.
"BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start a new topic providing the logs and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available. :)

Best regards.