PDA

View Full Version : Help with Fraud.InternetSecurity2011 problem.

Nvoaos
2011-05-26, 16:43
Last night I had a computer infected by the Fraud.InternetSecurity2011 trojan. AVG caught some of it, but not all it seems. Had to go into Safe Mode to run Spybot as it will not allow me to run .exe files (word, excel, IE, Firefox, etc) anymore. When I try to run any of them it come up with the select program you want to use to open this file screen. Do have a workaround to get on internet explorer, but still cannot use any .exe files I have downloaded. Spybot did take care of what it found but it did not solve the .exe problem. I am using a different computer to write this but will see if I can't do any fixes on actual computer. Any help would be appreciated.

OS is Windows XP SP3 32bit. :oops:

Nvoaos
2011-05-26, 18:21
While looking around I found that I couldn't open the add/remove program files due to it saying the C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe file was not present. Did a search and found the file I needed to download and now have access to everything I didn't before. Will definately keep you in mind next time I have a problem with any malware I cannot get rid of.

You can close this as fix has been found.