PDA

View Full Version : wudfrd.sys and vwifimp.sys infection?

gatsby99
2011-05-26, 22:46
Hi.

Ok i am new here and need a hand sorting out what i need to do with S&D.

Currently have AVG installed and it picked up two possible infections.
wudfrd.sys and vwifimp.sys which it labled both as root kit infections.
It picked them up on a scheduled scan. I ran a scan after these were found with AVG (root kit and full) and it subsiquently found nothing. I than ran malware bytes to see if it could find anyhting it also found nothing. Does AVG do a report on infections its found already or just ignor previuosly discovered unhealed discoveries in new scans?

I wrang AVG on wudfrd.sys which is a windows file and they thought it was probably a false possitive. I discoverd the other later so i did not tell them about vwifimp.

So are these both false possitives? Or do i still have an infection and neither AVG or Malware bytes are not picking them up? and how can S&D help?

Cheers

tashi
2011-05-27, 01:15
Hello gatsby99,

In case you missed it please see the FAQ which also includes guidelines for this forum and instructions in post #2 on how to provide preliminary "DDS" logs used for analysis.
"BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start a new topic providing the DDS logs as shown in that sticky and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available. :)

Best regards.