PDA

View Full Version : Sorry for the same old song n dance guys

currencykid
2011-05-27, 19:07
Im a moderate computer guy. I usually can find an answer or solution to a problem, THIS is driving me crazy. GOOGLE REDIRECT VIRUS im assuming i have.

When i do a search it comes up and when i click it takes me to a 3 party broswer. I have windows XP home. I have done countless cleaning tools and still there. when i get redierected and go back it take me to the site im looking for.

What im asking to start is WHERE do I START. To find out the exact problem. Any hints or suggestions are welcome. If some1 has the paitence to walk me though a few moves i can do it.

Im not expecting a QUICK fix but IM STUMPED on this 1. My computer works great and I clean it on a daily basis.

tashi
2011-05-27, 20:11
Hello currencykid,

Please see the forum sticky which includes guidelines and instructions in post #2 on how to provide preliminary "DDS" logs used for analysis.
"BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start a new topic providing those logs and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available.

I have done countless cleaning tools and still there.

In your new topic add the information as to which "tools" were used.

Best regards.

currencykid
2011-06-04, 18:08
I just had the GOOGLE REDIRECT VIRUS im assuming on my computer. now Im having issues with Temp\csrss.exe missing also.

i just did a SlimCleaner report should I post it I have a feeling its not good.
Im just a little weak in this area of COMPs