PDA

View Full Version : SHeur3.CDGB trojan help needed

jubylives
2011-06-07, 19:59
This is on my daughter's Toshiba Satellite laptop. It's running windows 7. AVG says I have this but when I click on the button to remove it it says it can not find it. I ran a scan with Malwarebytes scanner and it found something in the recycle bin but thats it. I was going to try that combo tool thing I read about in posts here but it said I should not do it without being advised to. So I need help bad with this thing. It prevents windows from loading I think. I can get it to work for a time then it crashes and windows then wont load up. I try system restore several times then all of a sudden it starts up. Any help would be super appreciated. Another note my desktop seems to have the same issue but it is running vista. All are on the same network though. Oh and I am not very good with these computers and dont understand alot of the lingo. So please keep that in mind. Thanks.

Jeremy

tashi
2011-06-07, 20:28
Hello jubylives,
I was going to try that combo tool thing I read about in posts here but it said I should not do it without being advised to.
Right. :) Please DO NOT RUN ComboFix without being asked (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=16806)

Another note my desktop seems to have the same issue but it is running vista. All are on the same network though.
Can you produce the DDS logs for analysis from one of the machines, perhaps the Vista. "BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Post #2 in that thread contains the DDS download links.

If you can post a log I will split it off to a new topic as helpers look for ones without a response. :)

Best regards.

jubylives
2011-06-07, 22:35
Well I would but I can not get window to boot on it. I did a clean install of vista on it but it would not delete the D drive. I got the install done and it worked great untill it sat over night. Then it had the same issue. Kept saying it had a disk read error.

I don't see the program for windows 7 on the lapto on the links provided. Is there still a way to get the info needed for windows 7?

Jeremy

tashi
2011-06-07, 22:46
Hi Jeremy,

Well I would but I can not get window to boot on it. I did a clean install of vista on it but it would not delete the D drive. I got the install done and it worked great untill it sat over night. Then it had the same issue. Kept saying it had a disk read error.Bit confused here, when did you do a clean install of Vista, originally or after an issue? As described the Vista machine is sounding like it has a hard drive problem.

I don't see the program for windows 7 on the lapto on the links provided. Is there still a way to get the info needed for windows 7?
Are you speaking of the download links for the DDS? They should work for Windows 7 unless the infection is blocking.

tashi
2011-06-08, 00:06
Log split off to new topic as helpers look for ones without a response. :)

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=63010