PDA

View Full Version : Vista AntiSpyware 2012 - first post, new member.

codfish
2011-06-20, 09:05
I was hit with this nasty thing tonight and now I need a little advice. It blocked my Zone Alarm from working and it prevented Spybot from updating and scanning. Just about everywhere else I turned, inside my computer, was blocked with the warning that it was infected with a Trojan for keystrokes. Finally, my 'Start Up Repair' kicked in, restored me back to and earlier, happier time and now, as you can see and read, I'm able to stop in here, like a port in a storm, for rescue and relief. I immediately ran Zone Alarm and then updated and ran Spybot once things appeared normal again and absolutely nothing turned up for either scan. Zero for Zone Alarm and just a few of the usual suspects - Fastclick, MediaPlex, etc - on Spybot.

So ... my question .... Am I OK now or do I still need to remove the damn thing?

Wouldn't either Zone Alarm or you folks have detected it if it were still there? What to do ... what to do ....

Please advise. I use a 3-year-old Dell Inspiron with Vista and Chrome, if that helps. I'm not sure, after reading your sticky, whether you require more info.

To whomever replies, please accept my heartfelt "THANK YOU!!"

codfish
on cold, clammy Cape Cod.

tashi
2011-06-21, 07:50
Hello codfish,

Wouldn't either Zone Alarm or you folks have detected it if it were still there?

Not necessarily, it depends on the type of infection.

So ... my question .... Am I OK now or do I still need to remove the damn thing?
Helpers would need to see a log in order to offer advice.

Please refer to the sticky again and the instructions in post #2 on how to provide preliminary "DDS" logs which are used for analysis.
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Then start a new topic providing the logs and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available. :)

Best regards.