PDA

View Full Version : How to determine the result of on-demand scan

Exerciser
2011-06-21, 05:17
I posted previously about the fact that on-demand scan of folder trees yields a window with a very long list of files and scan statuses. I think the status for each scan file is "nothing found", but the list is too long to manually review reliably. Is there a way to export this into a text file so that I can apply some filtering to remove all the items for which "nothing [was] found"?

Or, alternatively, does Spybot S&D pop up another window if there is an item for which some malware is found? If so, then I can safely assume that no such file was encountered (since no such window popped up).

I also tried to find a log file for the on-demand scan. I am not sure if on-demand scanning generates a log file. In trying to find information about log files, I found http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=54029 . This page says that for Windows 7 (my OS), log files are stored at:

C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs

However, there are no log files for the day of my on-demand scan.

Exerciser
2011-06-21, 06:13
I should clarify that the on-demand scans I'm talking about are initiated by right-clicking a folder/drive and selecting the option to scan.