PDA

View Full Version : Missing .SBI files in PE environment

HerbJones
2011-06-22, 22:20
I am trying to incorporate Spybot into BartPE. When I boot under the PE disc, and select Spybot from the menu, it opens and the GUI pops up just fine. It finds all available Windows installations just fine. The program even runs fine; except that a system scan only takes about 5 seconds to run.

Looking deeper, the includes are not loading. When I go under "settings\file sets", only the main headers are showing up (Spybot - Search and Destroy - 29 checks, and Usage Tracking - 3 checks). None of the .SBI files are showing up under these categories. It's running quick because it is only doing 32 checks.

I have the .inf file setup correctly, and all the files are actually showing up on the final PE disc (all .sbi files under the Includes folder), and I have included all the necessary files from the Safer Networking supplied .inf file - but the program will not see the .sbi files for some reason.

I played around with it and found that Spybot does recognize the "Languages" folder and all languages listed in it... but not the Includes folder.

I went so far as to create a Documents and Settings\All Users\Applications\Spybot - Search & Destroy\*.*
and included all of these files and folders on my PE disc (even though the .inf did not require it), no dice.

I tried copying the files to a RAMDISK and unprotected all of the files, no dice.

I tried adding many of the regedits from a working system with spybot installed, no dice.

I have read a lot of posts about people using Spybot in a PE environment, but it simply will not work for me.

If it helps, I noticed that the .inf does not require the "Updates" folder and files to be on the PE disc. I tried adding it, but it also didn't help.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

-hj