PDA

View Full Version : FlashPlayer Malware - can't remove

gary hurtcakes
2011-06-29, 01:04
Hey, I made the mistake of installing some cracked software from a filesharing network. I have since deleted any recently installed software.

The problem I am having I have reproduced consistently:
When I'm using Chrome or Firefox, I'll go to youtube and pull up a video. I full-screen the video, then, when I try and minimize it, the video screen turns black and my browser freezes up. Usually, a pop-up appears with Chinese characters in the title bar. I have included a picture.

In firefox it will tell me that Adobe Flash Player has crashed.

I have run quickscans using MSE, Malware Bytes, SUPERAntiSpyware, and Spybot S&D. None of these have fixed the problem. Also, I uninstalled then reinstalled the following applications:
*Chrome
*Firefox
*Adobe Flash Player

I also deleted all my temporary files in Windows using the Disk Cleanup utility.

Any suggestions?

ken545
2011-07-02, 03:12
:snwelcome:

Please read Before You Post (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)
While best efforts are made to assist in removing infections safely, unexpected stuff can happen. It is advisable that you back up your important data before starting any clean up procedure. Neither Safer Networking Forums nor the Analyst providing the advice may be held responsible for any loss.

Until we deem your system clean I am going to ask you not to install or uninstall any software or hardware except for the programs we may run.

Cracked software is almost infected 100% of the time :red:

Download CKScanner by askey127 from Here (http://downloads.malwareremoval.com/CKScanner.exe) & save it to your Desktop.
Doubleclick CKScanner.exe then click Search For Files
When the cursor hourglass disappears, click Save List To File
A message box will verify the file saved
Double-click the CKFiles.txt icon on your desktop then copy/paste the contents in your next reply

ken545
2011-07-05, 19:42
Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed.

If it has been three days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a new DDS log with a link to your previous thread. Please do not add any logs that might have been requested in the closed topic, you would be starting fresh.