PDA

View Full Version : Malware Disabling Automatic Updates

jkusano
2011-08-06, 17:49
I had several trojans which I cleaned from my system which is running Windows XP Pro, SP3. The main one was a Fraud Security Program. I cleaned them by running Malwarebyte, Spybot, MS Virus Scan, and DTSKiller. I've also run ATF-Cleaner, SecurityCheck, OLToldtimer, and Hijackthis (logs available).

I continue to have a red shield come up in my systray at each boot up that informs me that Automatic Updates is off. When I restore it with winmgmt stop and start commands, I can re-activate Auto Updates, but everytime shutdown and boot up again, I get the same warning. There must be some residual malware still on my system, but it is not being detected by the suite of virus scans that I listed at the top. Any suggestions

tashi
2011-08-06, 17:57
Hello jkusano,

In case you missed it please see the FAQ which also includes guidelines for this forum and instructions in post #2 on how to provide the preliminary "DDS" logs used for analysis.
"BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start a new topic providing the DDS logs as shown in that sticky with a link back to this thread and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available. :)

Best regards.