PDA

View Full Version : Babylon.Toolbar ADWARE

DFunney
2011-08-13, 17:02
Hello everybody,

I recently acquired babylon toolbar someway or another and was able to get rid of it from my browsers. However when running Spybot S&D The only thing it picked up was "Babylon.Toolbar Adware C."

After finding that I went through all my files and manually deleted each babylon file I could find. I also went into regedit and searched babylon to take them all out as well. My only issue is that Spybot S&D cant delete the "Babylon.Toolbar AdwareC" because it says, "Not all actions can be performed because process is still in memory, A restart may fix this".

I restarted and everything, ran Spybot 5+ times and same thing everytime. My question is where is this thing in my memory so I can take it out and Spybot can remove it all for me. Thank you for the help!

spybotsandra
2011-08-15, 16:28
Hello,

1. Which Windows version do you run?

2. Please make sure that you are running the latest version of Spybot - Search & Destroy including the latest updates.
To see which version number and/or updates of Spybot - Search & Destroy you are using please run Spybot-S&D and choose "Help" --> "About" in the menu bar.
There you can see which version you have and which updates are installed.
It should be version 1.6.2 and the updates from the 2011/08/10.

3. Please run a scan in safe mode (http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm).
That should fix it.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot