PDA

View Full Version : hi! Just wanted to share.

doroksha
2011-09-06, 20:15
hey guys.. Just wanted to share with you.

I used windows and was a big fan of spybot S&D and Eset Nod32 and so on. In fact I used to recommend spybot and nod32 to a lot of people. but you find that after a while the problems just keep coming depending on the kind of websites you visit and the kind of apps you use.

and then I found the perfect solution : Linux + vmware(any virtualisation suite)

I run ubuntu as my main OS and then run windows as a client OS. If there is even a slightest hint of infection I simply backup and delete the windows and install it again, its all over within 5 minutes. I know there are not many linux fans, but seriously people should give it a try. I ve been running ubuntu linux for six years now and I never went back to windows as my main OS.

there are many distros , ubuntu/gentoo/Linux Mint/opensuse and so on. in all kinds of flavours. google for them and you ll find them.

I didnt mean to come off as opinionated or something. I dont hate windows either. I just find linux very convenient alternative.

Just my 2 cents. Thanks for reading.

tashi
2011-09-06, 22:15
Hello,

but you find that after a while the problems just keep coming depending on the kind of websites you visit and the kind of apps you use.

In a nutshell that is often the case. ;) So how did I get infected in the first place? ( http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=279 )