PDA

View Full Version : Win32.VB.dn! Internet connection crushes down..

Lavinya
2011-09-14, 12:44
Hi dear Spybot Support Team :)

I think I have catched a backdoorvirus "Win32.VB.dn". Spybot Search & Destroy has found it. I removed it but sadly it appears again after running Spybot.

Its weird because kaspersky doesnt find anything bout this virus :confused:

So please can you help me :(

There is another problem too.. My internet connection crushes down for example after using it 45 minutes. There it says this Error Message

So now the question is... Does my connection break up cause of this virus? Or do I have dial-up errors because of Windows Updates?

I have sent you Logfiles of DDS and Attach + Spybot. Please can you check them up :(

Thank you so much for your support..:heart:

Dakeyras
2011-10-20, 15:34
Please note that all instructions given are customised for this computer only, the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.

If you think you have similar problems, please post the appropriate logs in the Malware Removal forum and wait for help.Hi and welcome to Safer Networking :)

I'm Dakeyras and I am going to try to assist you with your problem. Please take note of the below:

I will start working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine!
The process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine is clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
Refrain from running self fixes as this will hinder the malware removal process.
It may prove beneficial if you print of the following instructions or save them to notepad as I post them.
Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.

Windows 7 Advice:

All applications I ask to be used will require to be run in Administrator mode. IE: Right click on and select Run as Administrator.

The Operating System in use comes with a inbuilt utility called User Access Control(UAC) when prompted by this with anything I ask you to do carry out please select the option Allow.

Before we start:

Please be aware that removing Malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.

Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start.

Next:

Please do not attach any logs unless I specify otherwise, merely post them...thank you.

Next:

Now please go to Start >> Control Panel >> Programs and Features and remove the following (if present):

IObit Malware Fighter <-- Dubious at best plus the vendor is not to be trusted.
Java(TM) 6 Update 26 <-- We will update in due course.
Uniblue RegistryBooster <-- Such applications are nigh on useless and do have the potential to turn your machine into little more than a expensive doorstop!
Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC <-- As above per Uniblue.
µTorrent <-- Please uninstall this if you really want my assistance per this forum post. (http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=25290&postcount=4)

To do so click once on each of the above then click on Uninstall/Change and follow the prompts.

Note: Take extra care in answering questions posed by any Uninstaller. Some questions may be worded to deceive you into keeping the program.

Add the Run... box for Windows 7:

Click on Start(Windows 7 Orb) >> right click on a empty space on the Start Menu and select Properties.

Now click on the Start Menu >> then on Customize....

Scroll down and select the Run Command box >> OK >> Apply >> OK.

Next:

Let myself know when completed the above and we will go from there, thank you.