PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Spybot detection window - Help!

Bigalo
2005-10-25, 02:32
I recently downloaded Spybot and once completed, I started to receive Spybot detection messages whereby I was being notified that changes to my registry entries were being detected. The message was providing me information such as the Category, type of change to the registry, the Entry, and what I suspect was the old entry data and the new entry data. The problem I’m having is that I suspect that the detection boxes are asking me to approve of the changes, but I’m not receiving an option to do so. The options that I have at my disposal are as follows:
1. A check box for remember this decisi… I suspect that the remaining letters would continue to spell out decision. The “o” an “n” are covered by opton listed in #2
2. Button with the “?”
3. Info is a button
4. There is a fourth option that isn’t labeled and will either activate item 1 or deactivate item 1.
There is no option for me to accept or deny the registry changes. The only way for me to exit the detection box is to simply close the box, which then provides me with another box that provides me with the current time and states that denies the registry change and fades out after a few seconds. Does anyone know what I should do to accept changes if appropriate, or deny the change if inappropriate? I’m afraid that with the updates from anti-virus program that are being downloaded, I’m not getting proper coverage if they entries are being denied. Thanks!

madjack
2005-10-25, 03:30
:mad: Everythong worked fine until I upgraded. Every PC I upgraded to version 1.4 has the same problem.

md usa spybot fan
2005-10-25, 06:41
There is currently a bug in TeaTimer 1.4. Portions of TeaTimer's pup-up dialog overlay the "Allow change" and "Deny change" buttons. On my system the very top edges of the "Allow change" and "Deny change" buttons are showing and I am still able to select the options. I also can check "Remember this decision" since it is visible. If no portion of the "Allow change" and "Deny change" buttons are showing you can answer TeaTimer's popup dialog (English language version) by pressing "A" on your keyboard for "Allow change" or "D" for "Deny change".

Note: If you close the dialog without answering "Allow change" or "Deny change" the registry change will be denied.

If you can't deal with the problem until it is fixed, you can disable TeaTimer as follows:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident.
Uncheck the following:Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

Bigalo
2005-10-25, 07:57
Thanks for the information. Have you heard when a fix may be available?

spybotsandra
2005-10-25, 10:08
Hello,

We hope that it will be available soon. But we have no date yet.
Please be patient. :)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Xmike
2005-10-27, 09:37
Is this the problem that all of you are talking about? See attachment or link. (Spybot.jpg) I came to this forum just to see if anyone had the same problem I've be having.
Mike

spybotsandra
2005-10-27, 10:00
Hello,

Yes this is a known problem. There are some post about this item in our forum. But it will be fixed with the next upgrade soon. ;)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

A. Sergio
2005-10-28, 03:49
Boy I'm glad to find a way out of this bug after 3 unanswered bug reports and as many reinstallations! I' m a longtime and happy user but was on the verge of giving up. The A&D solution will keep me sailing. THANKS

jmatty2000
2005-10-31, 21:23
:( To Spybot Support
Can you provide a rough idea of when the fix/upgrade will be available. I'm afraid this bug is affecting my Anti-virus software. thanks.
Matthew Higgins

Kathandbrian
2005-10-31, 22:15
I have had a problem with spyBot in that the number of definitions was not increasing each time I downloaded updates. I then visited ...........and downloaded a programme called Remove About blank Buddy. It found a parasite operating as SpyBot. After deletion the SpyBot programme was up and running correctly again. Give it a try!!

Url removed.

tashi
2005-10-31, 23:30
Hello.

aboutblank, with it's many variants, should be removed with the assistance of an experienced malware helper. Manually.

Regards.

Kathandbrian
2005-11-01, 11:15
Thanks Tashi for pointing me in the right direction. Can you advise me how to remove the variants etc manually?

tashi
2005-11-01, 19:03
Hi there Kathandbrian. :)

We are not currently setup to work HJT logs (which helpers use to remove malware infections)

In order for the infection to be removed entirely you will need to go to a forum that removes malware using a program called HijackThis. (HJT)

A good place to start:
http://asap.maddoktor2.com/

Choose a site from the list on the left hand side of that page.

Once at the site read the procedure for posting a HJT log, start your own topic and an authorized helper will assist you as soon as possible. :)

Be sure to read the site's faqs for tips on prevention and tightening up your computer security.

Hope that helps and have a great week. tashi

Update

Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22)

"BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Kathandbrian
2005-11-01, 19:14
Thanks Tashi for that. I have a Forum that can do this for me. Will let you know the result!

tashi
2005-11-01, 19:18
Thanks!
If they find any new baddies ask if you can collect and send zipped to:
detections@spybot.info ;)

Breakdaze
2005-12-09, 05:45
Hi, there was a link somewhere about using reshack to change the teatimer window size. Someone even posted a patch that does it automatically. Search the forums.

Alternately, you can just hit the "A" key to accept the registry change, or the "D" key to deny the registry change. The programmers made those letters the hot keys for the respective buttons. When you can see the buttons, you can tell because the A on the Accept button and the D on the Deny button are underlined. I have also tested this.

TheZeDD
2011-03-24, 22:36
Here is the link for the fix... someone should have posted it looong time ago or locked this thread with a re-direct link attached to the possible fix or program update :)

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=122

Check out the "Before" and "After" pics via the two links on that page to see if you have the same problem first before trying to edit the "updated" larger TeaTimer popup prompt sizing.

I'm trying to find another solution to enlarging the default size of the TeaTimer Popup prompt/window here:

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?p=398488#post398488

Best Wishes!

-TZ :)

tashi
2011-03-28, 06:42
Hello TheZeDD,

Here is the link for the fix... someone should have posted it looong time ago or locked this thread with a re-direct link attached to the possible fix or program update :)

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=122

That topic was a "Solution to fix the pop-ups in TeaTimer" a bug eliminated in Spybot 1.5. Unlike the malware removal forum topics are rarely closed in the support forum for Spybot-S&D. Sometimes a person has something to add even down the road. :)

At the time the thread in question was made a sticky (pinned topic) in a prominent place, which is likely one reason 27 pages of posts were made to it. :surrender:

Cheers.