PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Win32.Agent.adb. How Reset Browser Settings?

TomBrooklyn
2011-10-23, 01:11
re: The following message:

You need the TCP/IP plugin with the new rule set included in beta updates on 2007-06-06 and regular updates starting on 2007-06-13 or else you will get the above error.

To download and install the TCP/IP plugin you either have to:... .... Only needed if you do not want to use the update function integrated into Spybot-S&D.
[/list]
[/list]
Hi. Are you saying that getting the regular update will automatically install the correct TCP/IP plugin?

Prior to running SSD, I always get the latest update.

I am currently getting this error with SSD v.1.5.1.15. As far as I can recall, this is the first time I'm getting it. I have been running SSD occasionally, for the last several years, on a WinXP Pro computer.

I am currently infected with, and trying to eliminate, the Google Redirect virus.

TomBrooklyn
2011-10-23, 01:17
I too am getting a similar (or possibly exact) message as:

There were problems in the include file C:\Program files\Spybot - Search _Destroy\Includes\TorjansC.sbi

My computer:
OS: WinXP Pro, service pack 3. might not be fully updated. I'll check that next.
SSD: v. 1.5.1.15, w/ latest update

I am currently infected with: Google Redirect

On this scan, I've gotten this or a similar message (I didn't note exact message each time) about five times now, approx 500k/809k into Running the bot-check. Each time it stops the bot-check.

The file is dated Oct 18 which is four days ago.

I also see listed Trojans.sbi dated 9/28/11 and TrojansC.sbi and TrojansC-02 thru 05 with various dates up to 12 days ago. I suspect I may have gotten an error for each one of these. However, I not sure as I didn't look closely at the error until the last time.

TomBrooklyn
2011-10-23, 01:37
I have just done a scan during which an error message flashed up that I should look at 'include errors.log' with regard to TrojansC.Sbi... I have just gotten the same error for about the fifth time on a scan I am currently running.

I downloaded the most recent update prior to starting.

Am I correct to understand that update will make the TCP/IP settings as mentioned above correct?

SSD version: 1.5.1.15

I just got the same Warning again, as I am typing this, and have attached a screenshot of it.

In the specified directory, I have seven of these files, one without the "C" and six with, five of which are numbered -02 thru -05 after the "C". This is at least the second time the warning is about the -02 file. I didn't look at the exact name of the files prior to the last two occurrences.

Where is the Includes error.log? What directory (folder) and path need I follow to find it?

TomBrooklyn
2011-10-23, 01:51
Actually laura, according to the forum search I just conducted, this is the only thread with google redirect in the title. I actually find that a little surprising myself, since google redirect seems to be a fairly widespread problem these days.

My computer is currently infected with it, so I second your request for an addition to Spybot's detections.

TomBrooklyn
2011-10-23, 01:56
The symptoms you describe could be a hijack, but we would need to make an analysis of the system to determine that.

Please follow the procedure in this link:
"BEFORE you POST" -Preliminary Steps (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22)

A helper will advise you as soon as available. tashi, I am currently running an SSD scan now which has yet to complete (due to interruptions from various warnings, but that's another story.) I will follow your posting suggestions if the google redirect continues.

Thank you and regards.

TomBrooklyn
2011-10-23, 02:20
I just realized there is a version 1.6 out so my version 1.5 is outdated.

I thought I would be up to date after I downloaded the latest definitions, but apparently that is not the case.

I just got another warning--this time about Win32.Agent.adb though (screenshot uploaded.) I'm likely going to abort the scan and rescan after installing v. 1.6. Or I might finish this scan first as it's 7/8 done, and then rescan.

If that doesn't work, I might try the beta v2 I see is also available.

TomBrooklyn
2011-10-23, 02:35
SSD v. 1.5.1.15 (just realized it's outdated)

How do I change back the default settings of my browser?

I use firefox primarily, and IE and chrome occasionally.

On a scan, which I was primarily conducting in an attempt to rid my computer of the google redirect malware, I got a warning that...

The settings of my Internet Connection have been infected with Win32.Agent.adb! (screenshot uploaded)It goes on to state:
You may have to change back your default settings of your browser.
I am going to click OK and continue with the scan.
Was I supposed to reset my browser settings before continuing the scan?

tashi
2011-10-23, 07:35
Hello TomBrooklyn,

I am currently infected with: Google Redirect

On a scan, which I was primarily conducting in an attempt to rid my computer of the google redirect malware, I got a warning that...
The settings of my Internet Connection have been infected with Win32.Agent.adb! (screenshot uploaded)
It might be best if someone takes a look at the system. :)

Please start a topic in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22) and a volunteer analyst will advise when available.

First see that forum's FAQ which also includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide DDS logs, which are the logs used for first contact analysis.
"BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Best regards.