PDA

View Full Version : Virus? Laptop displays funny characters and symbols

Lps02
2011-10-26, 01:14
Hi there,

I do not know what is going on with my computer but I been having this problem with the screen displaying triangles, symbols, characters instead of readable texts (especially after restarting or updating windows)

I ran Avast (free program) scan and it said that a threat has been found. The file's name is WIn32:BogEnt and deleted it successfully. I would like help in scan my laptop for other possible threats not recognized by Avast just to be sure that I do not have malware.

I would have posted a HJT file but as I was reading the posts of this forum, one post mention that HJT is no longer the preliminary log used so...

I will await instructions as to what to do next.

Thank you.

-Phil

tashi
2011-10-26, 04:44
Hello Lps02,

I would have posted a HJT file but as I was reading the posts of this forum, one post mention that HJT is no longer the preliminary log used so...

I will await instructions as to what to do next.

Please see the forum sticky which includes guidelines and instructions in post #2 on how to provide preliminary "DDS" logs used for analysis.

"BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start a new topic providing the logs and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available. :)

Cheers

Lps02
2011-10-26, 20:54
... follow the instructions and post when I have things ready.

thanks.