PDA

View Full Version : Infected by Sality.AO

Syca1404
2011-11-06, 16:11
Not detected by S&D
Hi ! I'm new here and ... infected :oops:

I'm under W7, I use Panda Global Protection 2012 and since October 29th, one of my pc's is infected by Sality.AO. This virus has been detected by Panda and NOT S&D ...

S&D says "nothing found" while this virus created a directory named psktmp in the Panda directory and a HUGE file called pavaef8.tmp of more than 2Gb !!! The other pc that runs under W7 and Panda do not have that file.

I tried to delete it : impossible. I do not have "the permission" to do so.
I tried to killed it with S&D : impossible.

Even the quarantine routine of Panda does not even show the suspect file : it simply does not appear in the directory, it's empty ... :spider:

I have still not received any answer from Panda, my case is still open. I read on the net that Sality is an old virus but is now difficult to detect and delete :banghead: Ideed, nor Panda or S&D Live reacted during the download.

Does anybody know if format is the ONLY solution to my problem ???

Cheers !

tashi
2011-11-06, 17:33
Hello Syca1404,

Sorry to hear of the problem, please see this FAQ "BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288) It includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide preliminary DDS logs, which are used for analysis.

If this is a personal computer start a new topic for it here in the Malware Removal Forum and a volunteer will advise when available.

If the infection prevents a log being produced please start a new topic anyway and let them know.

FYI: Spybot-S&D is not an anti virus program. ;)

Best regards.