PDA

View Full Version : Google Hijacker and Blocks Microsoft Security

gob71
2011-11-07, 05:52
I seem to have the same google/yahoo hijacker that a few others have posted here. I leave the windows firewall on and have been running the microsoft security essentials program for a few months now. Today when the hijacks started I immediately noticed the little microsoft security icon was no longer in the lower corner. I have to reenable it but it won't stay running, even if I go to services.msc and set it to automatic and start it, within a few minutes is changed back. I ran new updated version of Malware bytes in safe mode, it came up with nothing, I ran an updated version of spybot in safe mode and it only came up with Microsoft.Securityessentials_disabled or something along those lines, when I told it to fix it, nothing seems to have changed. I can run the Micro Sec. in safe mode but it finds nothing. I can not get the MSC to start and run other than in Safe mode. It always reverts to disabled now and the firewall will be turned off. Please help. I am running XP 32bit, all current updates with windows and with java and adobe.

tashi
2011-11-07, 08:24
Hello gob71,

Is this your personal computer? :)

"BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288 )

Best regards.

gob71
2011-11-07, 14:32
Hello gob71,

Is this your personal computer? :)

"BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288 )

Best regards.

Thank you for any help. This is on my personal computer.

Ok after reading that then I need to fill in some more. I have also ran a few other programs I have used before. 1 was tdsskiller, it found nothing, I ran another program called rkill, as well, don't know if that info is needed. I did run Combofix also, I has used it in the past and didn't realize until reading here that you shouldn't just run it to help fix the problem without being asked to. Wish I would have found this place first.

I have tried to run D.D.S to post the log, it gets 3/4 of the way and locks up. I have tried it in regular and safe mode.

I am about to leave for work so I will not be able to work on it again till this evening. Thanks again for any help.

gob71
2011-11-07, 14:35
I also got MSE to run in safe mode last night. It will update and scan but will not allow you to activate real time protection. It found 4-5 trojan and deleted them, still no change. MSE will not load on startup in regular or safe, when using services.msc its still disabled, and after starting within a few minutes it is disabled again along with the firewall in regular mode. Even when it is done scanning it will show the red box with X saying not protected in safe mode.

tashi
2011-11-07, 16:56
Hello gob71,

As volunteer advisors look for topics without a response please start a new thread and let them know that you are unable to produce a DDS log.

Also provide a link back to this topic please. :)

Best regards,

gob71
2011-11-17, 13:41
OK I have gotten DDS and ComboFix to run

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=64338&page=2