PDA

View Full Version : Help removing Win32.AVKillsvc.e

neils
2011-11-21, 08:39
Hi guys,

I found this trojan in my report. When I went to remove it with Spybot, I got the following message: " This action may not be performed completely since you are not an administrator. If you want this performed for all users, please run this application elevated as an administrator."

Then it goes on to say " Unexpected error in fixing problems (Cannot create file "C:\Windows\wininit.ini". Access is denied.

I am the admin, I am logged in as the admin, so don't get why I am seeing this message. I found the thread to manually remove this Trojan, but unfortunately I do not find any of the mentioned files or registry keys.

Any ideas ?? Is there a way to check specifically for this program if I am running it as admin ?? Or is the trojan blocking Spybot from removing it??

Thanks for your time
Neil

spybotsandra
2011-11-21, 14:51
Hello,

Windows Vista/Windows 7 might tell you that you are not being allowed to operate at the administration level of your computer.
You can solve this problem as follows:
Right-click the Spybot - Search & Destroy entry in your start menu,
instead of just left-clicking to start it.
Then, choose Run as administrator/take ownership from the context menu.
You will find a screenshot of this problem (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/42.html) in our FAQ.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

neils
2011-11-21, 17:56
Thank you so much. I feel like an idiot !!! Worked like a charm !!!

Appreciate this easy workaround....

spybotsandra
2011-11-21, 17:57
You're welcome. ;)