PDA

View Full Version : Fixed: Two Infections found-Win32.NrgBot.rtk.

alicez
2011-11-23, 20:20
#3- Don't know what is going on!!!!
I downloaded 11/23/2011 def updates and ran a scan on my Win 7 (64-Bit) computer and the scan came up with these two infections. Does anyone know what they might refer to? The state that they are Gateway Games, etc. (This is a Gateway computer).
Could they be false/positives? What should I do with them?
I didn't do anything with them, I just closed the S&D program.

Win32.NrgBot.rtk
SBI $9DB9AE9D Execitab;e
C"\Program Files (86X) Gateway Games\Gateway Game Console\GameConsole-wt.exe

Win32.NrgBot.rtk
SBI $9DB9AE9D Execitab;e
C"\Program Files (86X) Gateway Games\Gateway Game Console\GameConsole.exe

http://imageshack.us/phot...images/405/spybotsd.jpg/

tashi
2011-11-23, 21:01
Hello alicez,

The link you provided gives a '404 Not Found'

How to report Possible False Positives (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=19117) :)

alicez
2011-11-23, 21:04
I am new at all of this and so not too familiar with what is going on.
I tried to Edit my thread, but was unable to do so.
You explanation is very confusing to me. Where do I send the "screen-shot"

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/6038/spybotsd.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/spybotsd.jpg/)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/spybotsd.jpg/

The box in the middle reads:
Fileinfection detected removing these may damaga your computer. If possible restart to a clean restore point or system backup.

((I really don't want to do a System Restore if I don't have to!)

23.11.2011 12:50:57 - ##### check started #####
23.11.2011 12:50:57 - ### Version: 1.6.2
23.11.2011 12:50:57 - ### Date: 11/23/2011 12:50:57 PM
23.11.2011 12:51:01 - ##### checking bots #####
23.11.2011 13:00:20 - found: Win32.NrgBot.rtk Executable
23.11.2011 13:00:20 - found: Win32.NrgBot.rtk Executable
23.11.2011 13:56:46 - ##### check finished #####

MennoTed
2011-11-23, 23:52
I just had the same "problem" today, i.e. Win32.NrgBot.rtk. I DO NOT have it on a Gateway computer, but can't find any reference to it on any other AV site. I haven't done anything with it yet either. Just bide my time for a day or two and see if anyone comes up with an explanation.

Re False Positive Report: I got the same infection message as alicez
Windows 7
Both Win Ex & Firefox is used on the computer
updated today, November 23, 2011
appeared as a scan result

dodge caravan
2011-11-24, 02:15
I have the same problem as the people above. It seemed to come from Spybot S & D itself because it only came after I updated. Before that I had Double Click and I still have double click and it will not go at all. I have scanned with spybot and removed these infections 20 times today alone and nothing happens. I have re-booted my computer and everything else. I also have a gateway computer, windows 7 and it is saying it is in the Gateway Game Console.

I posted in a different forum but got no reply

dodge caravan
2011-11-24, 02:21
By the way I wanted to mention that my screen looks exactly like the one above. I have wasted the whole day on this. Please explain where I can send the logs. I have sent an email to support with the log on it and last week I got the Double Click thing and I sent an email to support with the log and still had no reply to either.

tashi
2011-11-24, 03:17
Hello,

I posted in a different forum but got no reply
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=64470

A detective will respond here when on-line. :)

Best regards,

Yodama
2011-11-24, 08:13
Hello,

Win32.NrgBot.rtk has the ability to attach itself to legit files, thus infecting them.
Since your reports indicate a possibe false positive with Gateway Game Console please do the following to make sure it is only a false positive:

right click the scan result within Spybot S&D and save a full report
zip the files in question and attach both the full report and the zipped files to an email addressed at detections@spybot.info
link this thread in you email for quick reference

LorettaS
2011-11-24, 18:33
I also had the same problem today on a Win 7 computer although I have it in HP Game Console. Updated and scanned Win XP computer and it was ok. After detection Spybot got hung up scanning and I had to close it.

Winnmp
2011-11-24, 18:51
I also had the same problem today on a Win 7 computer although I have it in HP Game Console. Updated and scanned Win XP computer and it was ok. After detection Spybot got hung up scanning and I had to close it.

I also had this issue, but I removed HP Game Console, and it then disappeared.

siennasand
2011-11-24, 21:56
I got the same message yesterday. It says my infected files are in my toshiba game console. I'm using Windows 7 also. So, I'm guessing I don't have anything to be worried about. That sucks b/c I restored to an earlier date and some things went a little wonky on my computer but oh well.

Yodama
2011-11-25, 11:10
hello,

thanks for submitting the GameConsole.exe files.
I can confirm that the detection as Win32.NrgBot.rtk is a false positive.
The next detection update scheduled for Wednesday 2011-11-30 will fix this issue.

However these GameConsole files are part of WildTangent and not part of your computer vendors necessary software. Due to trust issues with WildTangent in the past I would personally not trust them.
If you like the WildTangent games keep it, but if you don't use it I would recommend to uninstall it (if possible).

Winnmp
2011-11-25, 19:50
hello,

The next detection update scheduled for Wednesday 2011-11-30 will fix this issue.

However these GameConsole files are part of WildTangent and not part of your computer vendors necessary software. Due to trust issues with WildTangent in the past I would personally not trust them.
If you like the WildTangent games keep it, but if you don't use it I would recommend to uninstall it (if possible).

Thank you for checking these, but I was wondering something: Did you confirm Gateway Game Console and HP Game Console? Or just one of those?

jc.carrier
2011-11-25, 21:23
By me, it is an obvious false positive.

It is reported in a copy on my system disk of a Safestick.exe file that is part of a highly secured USB key. This program is on the first, write-protected, partition of the key and runs automatically when the key is inserted to ask for the password and make the main protected partition accessible. After 3 incorrect passwords, the whole content of the key is destroyed.

Of course I compared the C: version of the program with the one on the key and the 2 versions are reported identical. I can't imagine the 2 versions being infected on the same week, one being on a write-protected disk.

sherlock2667
2011-11-26, 01:19
Win32.NrgBot.rtk showed up while doing my routine housekeeping routines. Followed many suggestions with no success. Any advice would be most appreciated.

What is/are the risks of having SB fix the problem?

Thanx for help.

Newbie in need

tashi
2011-11-26, 02:38
Hello sherlock2667,

Win32.NrgBot.rtk showed up while doing my routine housekeeping routines. Followed many suggestions with no success. Any advice would be most appreciated.

What is/are the risks of having SB fix the problem?

This thread is in the false positive sub-forum, please see if any of the previous posts apply.

hello,

Best regards. :)

Almeetsup
2011-11-27, 05:07
Hello,

Similar situation.

I use Windows 7 on Toshiba laptop and Toshiba netbook.

:cleaning:
Win32.NrgBot.rtk
2 entries of TrojansC-03
TOSHIBA Games > TOSHIBA Game Console> GameConsole.exe size: 1,889 KB
GameConsole-wt.exe size: 1,889 KB

Message from Spybot S&D:
Unexpected error in finding problems (Cannot create file “C:\Windows\wininit.ini”. Access is denied)

:kboard:

With the Toshiba laptop: I right-clicked on the files GameConsole.exe and GameConsole-wt.exe. In their Properties, I selected 'Deny Access' instead of of 'Allow' for all the instances. As administrator, I clicked the Spybot S&D's 'Immunize' option. Then I ran Spybot S&B for a scan to remove the two culprit files. Result: 'Congratulations! No threat was detected'.

I'll try the same steps with my Toshiba netbook.

-Almeetsup

joelboby
2011-11-27, 19:57
Hello,
I'm new to this forum and on this post but I realized that the alarms of Win32.NrgBot.rtk Gameconsole.exe and Gameconsole-wt.exe were false-positives and that the next update (scheduled for 30 / 11 / 2011) would correct this false alarm.
Thank you all

Bonjour,
je suis nouveau sur ce forum et sur ce sujet et j'ai compris que les alarmes Win32.NrgBot.rtk de Gameconsole.exe et Gameconsole-wt.exe étaient de faus positifs et que la mise à jour prochaine (prévue le 30/11/2011) corrigerait cette fausse alerte.
Merci à tous

macwhirr
2011-11-28, 22:53
I have no game console of any sort, but when I updated Spybot this week, I got a warning for Win32.NrgBot.rtk. Windows Defender does not find it, nor does my Avast antivirus. Plus, my Spybot program froze three quarters of the way through "search and destroy." I am finding messages on boards all over the web from people asking the same question. Is this a false positive?

tashi
2011-11-29, 02:09
Hello macwhirr.

This particular topic in the false positives forum is marked. "Confirmed: Two Infections found" (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=64472) Win32.NrgBot.rtk.

If you have reason to believe your finding is another issue please follow the guidelines to report in a new topic as noted here: False Positives (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=16)

Best regards, :)