PDA

View Full Version : win 7 antispyware 2012 bug taking over computer

gsanford
2011-11-29, 15:53
Yesterday while my wife was working on our personal computer (Dell Insprion, 64 bit, Windows 7 Home Premium) when she started noticing pop-ups from "win 7 antispyware 2012" stating that our computer was at risk and we needed to register to fix the problem. In doing some research I have found that this is a pretty common malware that appears under various names. I have scanned my computer 10+ times with both symantec antivirus and spybot SD. Both seem to find the bug and Spybot says that it has fixed the problems but the popups and interference with windows and other programs continue. Does anybody know 1) why Spybot SD can not solve this problem and 2) how I can remove this from my computer. Thank you for any help you might be able to provide.

tashi
2011-11-29, 16:20
Hello gsanford,

Please see the sticky which includes guidelines for this forum in post #1 and instructions in post #2 on how to provide the preliminary "DDS" logs which are used for analysis.

"BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start a new topic providing the DDS logs and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available. :)

Best regards.
--------------