PDA

View Full Version : Java install problem.

herself
2011-12-09, 23:08
Not sure if I am in the right place here.
Trying to install java plug in.
Running windows 7 latest versions of firefox and chrome download java but get error 1500 saying another instance is installing ? or something similar to that.
Uninstalled previous versions of java rebooted tried again it wont install??
My apology if I am posting in the wrong place.

Wakefield
2011-12-10, 22:42
I thought I had removed Java 6 via "Add or Remove Programs",had replaced it with Java 7. I ran the Secunia checker that is linked somewhere on this site and it said I still had some Java 6,was out of date. I think Secunia directed me to a folder in "Documents and Settings" which I was able to delete from my Administrator account. There was also a Java 7 folder there which I left. Secunia seemed satisfied.

herself
2011-12-10, 23:09
I think it may be a windows installer problem Im not sure but java wont uninstall from control panel uninstall it says i have a java on my laptop yet when I go to Java and it trys to verify it says I dont have java installed ??
when trying to install java it downloads to my desktop but when installing i get error 1500 message

tashi
2011-12-11, 00:26
Hi there,

Hope this link helps: http://www.java.com/en/download/help/error_1500.xml :)

herself
2011-12-11, 01:16
No Tashi it dont work my laptop wont uninstall previous version of java it saying the installer is already installing another programme and i have to wait till that is finished first..this happens whether I am trying to install or uninstall anything ..

tashi
2011-12-11, 05:19
Hello herself,

No Tashi it dont work my laptop wont uninstall previous version of java it saying the installer is already installing another programme and i have to wait till that is finished first..this happens whether I am trying to install or uninstall anything ..
That is the issue addressed in the link.

SYMPTOMS

During installation of Java from Java.com, a dialog box appears displaying
Error 1500, Another installation is in progress

CAUSE

This is a general MSI (Microsoft Installer) install error message resulting into failure of the Java installation process.

The cause of this error could be:

Two MSI based installers running at the same time. The MSI engine will not allow this.
In-Progress key left behind if an earlier installation attempt is cancelled forcibly via the Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) during a transaction/installation process.

SOLUTION

Restart the system and Download and Install using offline option by clicking below link: Windows Offline Installer (http://www.java.com/winoffline_installer)

Note: It is highly recommended to remove existing traces of JRE install from your system, before attempting a fresh install. Instructions for uninstallation can be found at:
Windows Java Runtime Environment uninstallation instructions (http://www.java.com/en/download/help/5000010800.xml)Is that the sequence you attempted without success, Windows Java Runtime Environment uninstallation instructions?

Best regards,

herself
2011-12-11, 05:38
I tried that it didnt work I fixed it by going into misconfig in command prompt ..selective start-cleared 'load start' hide all microsoft..then rebooting it stopped the installer which it seems was attempting to install updates but wouldn't work so anytime i was trying to install it was telling me the installer was already installing i guess it was running in the background.
Problem solved .

tashi
2011-12-11, 22:30
:bigthumb: