PDA

View Full Version : Interpreting immunize counters

Koosharem
2011-12-23, 22:54
After selecting "Immunize" in the left menu panel, a green "progress bar" proceeds across the top of the page. Meanwhile, "counters" are incrementing in the upper-right corner of the page (Unprotected, Protected & Total).

1.) What is being counted (files, websites, what)?? :confused:

2.) After immunizing (i.e., clicking on the green cross/icon in the toolbar, and SB S&D adds entries to the system registry) "Unprotected" goes to zero. Why does this number get larger over time?

I searched the FAQs but didn't find answers there.

Zenobia
2011-12-26, 03:38
It's hard to picture what you describe,since I'm using the beta version of Spybot,and the immunization is slightly different.But,from what I can remember:
Spybot is counting the different immunizations.
Immunization is described in The first level of protection paragraph of this post,and the The fourth level of protection paragraph,as well(since Hosts file immunization has since been included on the immunization page of Spybot since the post was written.)
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=281
So,for one example from just one part of immunization:the Hosts file immunization.If Spybot has added 15042 entries to the hosts file as described in the post I linked to,then it is counting each of those entries.If all 15042 entries are present in the hosts file,then it shows 15042 under Protected beside Global(Hosts).

The number gets larger over time when Spybots immunizations are updated.