PDA

View Full Version : Proxy Settings Window At Startup

nabac
2006-08-08, 00:18
Hi,

I've got an annoying little Spybot issue that I was wondering if anybody else had seen. I'm using Spybot under Win PE (Bart PE specifically), and everytime I start up, I get a "Proxy Settings" window that I have to get rid of, even though I have ensured that "Use proxy to connect to update server" is unchecked in the settings (and is indeed set to 0 in the configuration.ini file).

This isn't a big deal, but I don't want people to accidently click "OK" instead of "Cancel" and end up not be able to update, so I'd like to make the popup go away.

Thanks!

mlabonte
2006-08-11, 14:34
Hi nabac,

Not sure if this is your problem, but I ran into similar problems when slimming-down Spybot to run it on a USB drive. Your settings *first* specified before you remove the non-working files (i.e. - things that won't run from a mobile drive, like teatimer, and certain settings files) are your default settings forever, and there is no way to change them without re-installing.

I followed the example of a few people on this forum, so I'm not sure which file-removal causes this. But the easy way to fix it, install again set your default settings (make sure proxy-connect, and automatic update are off), and then remove the extra files.

I'm not too familiar with the PE environment, I just know it is used to create mobile platforms under windows, so I'm not sure if this is your problem, but hope it helps!