PDA

View Full Version : S & D unable to remove some detected malware

bruttus_1
2012-01-04, 20:44
Hello,

I have run the spybot S & D a few times to make sure, and it has come up with a couple of malware detections that it is unable to remove.

Some/all of them it says it can't remove because I need to log in as an administrator with administrator privileges, however I am logged in as the admin with all the correct permissions, so not sure what to do there.

The main issue is a detected trojan, named win32.palevo. I found an entry for this on the spybot site but the instructions have not so far been successful.

I am operating windows 7, and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Just let me know what info and logs etc you may need.

Many thanks

Richard

tashi
2012-01-05, 00:59
Hello bruttus_1,

I have run the spybot S & D a few times to make sure, and it has come up with a couple of malware detections that it is unable to remove.

Some/all of them it says it can't remove because I need to log in as an administrator with administrator privileges, however I am logged in as the admin with all the correct permissions, so not sure what to do there.."On Windows Vista and Windows 7, Spybot-S&D might tell you that you are not authorized to perform some actions, since they require Administrator rights. You can solve this problem as follows:

1. Right-click the Spybot - Search & Destroy entry in your start menu, instead of just left-clicking to start it.
2. Choose Run as administrator from the context menu."

From our FAQ here: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/42.html

There is also a screen shot. :)

Just let me know what info and logs etc you may need.
If you still unable to remove the item flagged please see the forum sticky which includes guidelines for this forum and instructions in post #2 on how to provide the preliminary "DDS" logs used for analysis and the top of the Spybot-S&D log showing the detection.

"BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start a new topic providing the logs and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available.

Best regards.

bruttus_1
2012-01-05, 23:49
Thanks for that,

It removed everything running it again now as admin

tashi
2012-01-06, 00:02
Thank you for letting us know. :)