PDA

View Full Version : Smitfraud C Generic Spyware?

audioskater2
2012-01-09, 22:24
Hello yesterday at around midnight I decided to leave my computer on for a scan. I had no suspicion, everything was working great, fast, no pop ups or anything in that matter, until I woke up in the morning and saw all the Browser problems which isn't a big deal, but then I saw Smitfraud C Generic as a Trojan! I got very scared because I don't know how it got here, I have an Antivirus, a good one. My computer doesn't act different or feel different. My question is should I be worried, or what should I do. I ran Spybot once again today and it didn't find anything. So does that mean its gone? Or can this Smitfraud thing still be in my computer.

Thanks Spybot Team!

~Ali

tashi
2012-01-10, 00:04
Hello audioskater2,

" I saw Smitfraud C Generic as a Trojan". Where did you see that, did it show in the results of the Spybot-S&D scan log (at the top), as a detection?

Best regards. :)

audioskater2
2012-01-10, 03:06
You know how you click Search & Destroy then you click check for problems. After that was done, it listed stuff. Under "Kind" it wrote Trojan, and under "Problem" it wrote Smitfraud C Generic. I pushed Fix All Selected Items. It got fixed, I scanned it again. It didn't show up. Maybe it isn't anything to worry about.

tashi
2012-01-10, 03:40
Hi audioskater2,

I pushed Fix All Selected Items. It got fixed, I scanned it again. It didn't show up. Maybe it isn't anything to worry about.

Sounds like the issue was fixed. :)