PDA

View Full Version : Cannot turn off confirmation

joliett
2006-08-08, 15:11
I have SPYBOT set to scan in expert mode. I also have it set to not dipsplay any confirmations - but after it scansd my computer and endsm there is always a popup that asks my CONFIRMATION that an item was fixed.

I cant turn off that CONFIRMATION :(

Anyone know why?

md usa spybot fan
2006-08-08, 16:11
When doing a "Fix selected problems" there are two messages that are titled "Confirmation":
This one before the problems are fixed:
Confirmation
You are about to remove these entries. Do you want to continue?
Yes No
This one after:
Confirmation
xx problems fixed.
OK
When you go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Settings and check the following option under "Automation"- "Program start" only the first of the two messages is eliminated:
Don't ask for fixing confirmation.
You will still get the following notification about how many problems were fixed when the "Fix selected problems" completes.
Confirmation
xx problems fixed.
OK

joliett
2006-08-08, 16:23
I uninstalled SPYBOT, removed the program files, and all traces in my REGISTRY. And still that confirmation pops up.

I unchecked all the required entries to disable CONFIRMATIONS. Here is a screen shot of the settings:

d:\my documents\spybot image.jpg

md usa spybot fan
2006-08-08, 16:40
You lost me now. Are you saying that without Spybot installed or running the a confirmation message is mystically appearing?

ps: The forum server can not access your D: drive to get to "my documents\spybot image.jpg". You can attach limited size and types of files by going into the "Additional Options" (below the text posting area) and in the "Attach Files" section clicking on "Manage Attachments". In the "Upload File from your Computer" section click "Browse...", navigate to the saved file and then click "Upload". When the "Upload" of the file completes click "Close this window".

joliett
2008-06-06, 19:15
You answered my question about the cinfirmation window not closing after it fixes a problem, thanks!

md usa spybot fan
2008-06-06, 20:05
joliett:

Wow. I feel like I just entered some kind of space-time vortex and when back 22 months without a replica of Doctor Emmett Brown's flux capacitor or even the De Lorean it was installed in.

I hope that I can generate the 1.21 gigawatts necessary and get back to the future without the Universal Studio’s Courthouse Square set that when up in flames last week.

_________

I think you may have just discovered conclusive proof of Einstein's theory relativity.