PDA

View Full Version : S&D Time Question

canzing
2012-01-26, 23:27
Hello All ~~

I'm fairly new to Spybot S&D ~ but ~ I LOVE it! My computer has never been better protected!! Now, I'm not a cpu guru; yet, I can find my way around.

My question is how long on average does it take S&D to scan cpu systems? Mine seems to take a long time! I started scan last night at midnight and it was still going at 9a.m. this morning!

I run it on the default mode per download; as I get confused with all the information about the advanced mode. That's where my knowledge runs into a brick wall!

Just wondering if my system scan is about average.

Thanks ~~ Candi

spybotsandra
2012-01-27, 11:26
Hello Candi,

A scan should not take that long.
Did you close all other programs during the scan with Spybot-S&D?
Which version of Spybot-S&D do you run?
Which Windows version do you have?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

canzing
2012-01-27, 17:44
Hi Sandra ~

Yes - I close all windows prior to scan.

I follow the tutorial (look for update/immunize/scan)

Windows version.....Windows Vista .... 7 Starter Package.....i have HP notebook.

Spybot version . ........1.6.2

thank you very much for your help!

spybotsandra
2012-01-30, 11:54
Hello Candi,

Was anything found in the scan so far?
Do you have any other security software installed?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

canzing
2012-01-30, 16:37
Hi Sandra ~

The silliest thing happened on myscan with S&D. I updated it prior to scan; and the scan didn't take long at all! I'm wondering if maybe I had something missing that came through with the update?

Thanks for all your help!

Candi

spybotsandra
2012-01-30, 16:46
Hello,

Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" and select "Settings" --> "File Sets" in the left bar. There, please right-click somewhere into the list and choose "select all available checks".

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

canzing
2012-01-31, 05:03
Hi Sandra ~~

Your trick to try helped! My scan this evening went FAST! Thank you so very much!

Candi:2thumb:

jacobrey
2012-02-01, 07:48
When I first used S&D, the first scan I did took 12 hours. I was alseep most of the time, but moral of the story was I did not do any update and for some reason it was scanning the external HDD of 1TB in size. Update and fix by Sandra did wonders on scan time. Thanks!

canzing
2012-02-01, 19:40
Yes - Sandra's help has made it MUCH better!