PDA

View Full Version : Drop Spam how I hate thee. Help needed.

Alachine
2006-08-09, 05:40
Okay, a few months ago a program called Drop Spam installed itself on my computer. I had assumed that my mother downloaded it because she does things like that and I ignored it. However, recently I have been getting warnings from Norton saying it was connecting to the internet in a funny way. (Sorry, I don't have a screenshot of the exact warning.) I proceeded to uninstall the program. This is where the problem begins. It said it had uninstalled, but after that the folder called DropSpam was gone replaced with another call dslifestyle with a most unusual file. This file CAN'T be deleted by normal means, and when I try to use Spybot's secure shredder it gets rid of it, only to replace it with another file of a different name and file extension... We have stopped quite a few processes from running that looked suspicious along with others that we simply knew not that much about. (We made sure these were not vital beforehand.) it has a file size of 260kb. Here is a list of names this unusual file has gone through:
tpslgukq.dxu
bvjkgvsz.lge
jkggcjcl.qhn
bktssmug.yid
zxbdjpxl.mle
zfhuszqy.hgy

Renaming the file and the folder it is in has done nothing, and it has been brought to my attention that the name change might be because that is the only part of this file Spybot can affect. Please help me out here, I want this sucker gone.

Alachine
2006-08-09, 05:43
Oh, and it is not picked up by SpyBot or Norton or AVG Free, all of which I run weekly.

pskelley
2006-08-12, 22:10
Welcome to the forum. I got a headache trying to figure out what you were saying. Any chance we could get you to follow these directions if you still need help?

Please be advised that most forums Pin the information you need at the top of the page. These two links are a must before you can proceed, but I suggest you review all Pinned (Sticky) information.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=425
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Thanks...pskelley
Safer Networking Forums

tashi
2006-08-17, 14:26
This topic has been closed to prevent others with similar issues posting in it.
If you need it re-opened please send me or your helper a pm and provide a link to the thread.

Applies only to the original topic starter.