PDA

View Full Version : s&d crash problems.

kinos
2012-01-28, 06:42
my son brought his latop over a mth ago,witch was really infected,at that time i didnt have any wi-fi and his driver for lan conx was missing.

so i was useing my own comp to download stuff,witch i put on a flash drive and transfered to his to help me remove/clean up his laptop

there was a trojan and he also had a couple of virius and over 200 malware related files.

they had disabled his anti v witch was clam windows,he also had za installed.

after removing removing clam/za i installed esest (nod) all in one.
i had to maually remove a lot before i did this as i couldnt get most apps to work.

after cleaning up as much as i could find,and installing the new av/firewall
all seemed clean,however i couldnt re-install spybot s&d properly,i would install but crashed on a scan.

his laptops vista and the op i ussaly deal with is not vista,so i was really learing on the fly about the different op systems as i went along.

i tried to figure,cleaning out all s&d related files,however to no avail.
alou i dont think it was active malware that was stopping me re install s&d properly the reffence seemed to be that m/softs security centre that was making it crash,s&d was also crashing in safe mode.

i only had that weekend as hes youngish and wanted to go play his comp game when he went back to his mums.

i was looking for heads how to resolve this i might get the chance to have another look this weekend and searching for info on how to fix the issiue with the security centre by myself is a tad hard to figure

i know i will have to go through the rest of his files and see if i find anything else i might off missed alou i`m am sure i didnt miss anything and pretty sure i locked it down enough for another infection not to have occered,its not impossible that both arnt the case and any help with the security sytem problem will help me speed up in my efforts.

i have noted the faq on this however i dont think that alone will resolve the problem.

thanks.

k/

spybotsandra
2012-01-30, 12:38
Hello,

Which version did you try to install?
Spybot-S&D version 1.6.2 or the 2.0 Beta?
Did you get any error message when it was crashing?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

kinos
2012-01-30, 22:29
hi spybotsandra.

the version i installed version 1.6.2. with mannaly transfared updates.
sorry i havent got the logs at hand and without then your in the dark a lot,sorry i shouldnt off posted without having them.

the full error would help,rather than the info i posted as i relise that ive posted very vauge info.

i will track down any logs that mabye off relevance as soon as i can.

again i am sorry about the lack off info i posted,thats not very concidrite (sp) off me.

all the best to you and yours.

k/