PDA

View Full Version : Question

lizzielouwho
2012-02-05, 19:42
I am new to this so if this question is inappropriate, I mean no offense. I have determined that my boss (a new lawyer) has a keylogger thing on my work computer, an iMac he purchased for me (a paralegal with 25 yrs. experience) to use in the office in October 2011. I find it very offensive as it appears, from what I read online, to also have the ability to use the Facetime feature to do video monitoring. I think he got it because he is planning to sell the documents I create online as legal forms. He has no ability to create these items on his own without my templates which I created before working for him. (In other words, he's not just being a freak...there's money involved). How should I approach him about this? (I'm not fluent in computer lingo but I have spent all of last week reading up on these things. I was hacked by an exhusband years ago and got very familiar with the terminology then so this was like a PTSD refresher course.)

I went to the App Store and read all the features of what they sell. One thing they suggest is using a fake icon for it something the user won't delete like itunes. Then I checked the app log and noted when new ones were added and lo and behold, one was downloaded about an hour before i started noticing that my boss seemed to know what i was typing while in the other room. i made some intentional mistakes and he came right up to my desk to correct me without looking at my screen. Yeah..dumb. Then when I showed him how something had been installed that day, he said he didn't know what it was, they went back to his office and was clicking away at his keyboard. (He doesn't type documents but knows how to write code.) Afte that, the date of the app instal was different, a date prior to when we got the computer. Also Norton found a trojan horse on my home computer the same day.

tashi
2012-02-05, 20:11
Hello lizzielouwho,

I am new to this so if this question is inappropriate, I mean no offense. I have determined that my boss (a new lawyer) has a keylogger thing on my work computer, an iMac he purchased for me (a paralegal with 25 yrs. experience) to use in the office in October 2011.
As the machine apparently belongs to your employer, to be used in the work place, you'd need to find the way to discuss your concerns with him. Such is beyond the scope of these help forums. :)

Also Norton found a trojan horse on my home computer the same day.

Is this a different issue you need help with? If so I will link you to the malware removal forum. :greeting:

Best regards.