PDA

View Full Version : Run as Administrator, Windows 7

snowboarder
2012-02-05, 20:55
I followed the instructions as provided under the Sticky thread for this post title. I still keep getting the same "problems" when I run Spybot, even though I've run as administrator and "fixed" the problems previously identified.

Any additional help would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

spybotsandra
2012-02-06, 11:41
Hello,

Which items were found in the scan?
Do you mean cookies?
Please report a little more detailed.
Thansk.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

snowboarder
2012-02-07, 04:49
I just ran Spybot and it identified these "problems." I know I've deleted them before.

1. CasaleMedia
2. DoubleClick
3. MediaClick

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/snowboarder_1234/spybot.jpg

Thank you for responding. If there's more detail you need please let me know. As a further bit of info, I have Spybot on our desktop computer that has Windows XP. I immunized that computer and I rarely, if ever, have problems show up when I run the weekly scan. However, on the laptop, which has Windows 7, I ALWAYS have problems identified when I run Spybot, even though I've "run as administrator."

spybotsandra
2012-02-07, 12:21
Hello,

Please try the following: In IE8: Tools -> Internet Options. On the General tab, in the Delete Browsing History area, click the Delete button; the Delete Browsing History pop-up window appears. Uncheck the top check box, "Preserve Favourites Website Data." No more Cookies.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

snowboarder
2012-02-07, 18:16
I use Chrome instead of IE. Must it be IE? If so, I'll download it, but then my question becomes, must it be IE 8. I notice 9 is available now.

spybotsandra
2012-02-08, 09:43
Hello,

In our version Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6.2 the chrome browser is only being supported in scanning and fixing at the moment.
But there will be a plugin for live-blocking in Spybot 2.0.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot