PDA

View Full Version : Retreiving Archived TeaTimer Log?

mbient
2006-08-09, 21:44
I mistakenly clicked Deny on the TeaTimer popup. I wanted to change that decision, but in the confusion of trying to find out how to do that, I clicked the Archive button and the Black & White list disappeared. I searched and found the file, but it was just text.

How do I re-energize this Archived Log, so I can delete an entry and have it take affect?
(I now know how to do this via Right clicking the SysTray Icon).

(I also found out - thanks to this Forum and Sticky- how to unscramble that popup so this error won't happen again.)

Thanks for your help.

Zenobia
2006-08-09, 23:04
If you archived the resident.log,you should be able to see it again if you go to Tools->View Report,then click View previous report,and look in there.The archived log should be named similar to this:Resident.060809-1755.log.

The log under Resident section isn't the black & white list,though.You see that when you right-click Teatimer,and select settings.

mbient
2006-08-09, 23:27
I was able to find and see the Archived TeaTimer log via View Reports, however, it did not appear that I could just Delete an entry and the decision would go away. Am I wrong?

I know to Right Click on the TeaTimer SysTray Icon, select Settings and I will see the current TeaTimer Black & White list, which I can change via the buttons.

My question is, how do I make those same kind of changes to items that are in the Archived log? i.e. reactivate that log so the buttons work on it too?

Am I being clear?

Another question, if the 'Remember This' button isn't pressed after selecting 'Accept' of 'Deny', is there an entry in the log? And if so, how is that log entry different from one that TeaTimer was told to Remember?

Thanks for responding.

Zenobia
2006-08-10, 00:58
The log you see under Resident (resident.log) is just a log,and you cannot make changes,the same way you can with the Black & White list.Resident.log is just to see what you have allowed or denied with Teatimer,etc.So,deleting any entries in either resident.log or the archived log does not make any decisions go away.

Yes,there will be an entry in the resident.log,whether you checkmark remember this decision or not.

If you click the X next to an entry in the Black & White list,that will make Teatimer 'forget' what you told it to remember,so it asks you again the next time,instead of automatically Allowing or Denying the change.