PDA

View Full Version : Malware issue-wiped computer

SLRHCristy
2012-02-13, 17:11
Hello,

Shaba was working with me on a complex malware issue that has now wiped my computer. I was attempting to locate a system recovery disk, or my Windows Vista Startup disk. I have now found my startup disk, and I'm not sure if it's possible to recall the thread from the archives, or if I should begin at the beginning. Here is a link to the thread. Any help you can offer is much appreciated. I fear I may have lost the whole system, including all our picture and music files....

Sincerely,
Cristy

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=63095&page=4

tashi
2012-02-13, 19:07
Hello SLRHCristy,

Shaba was working with me on a complex malware issue that has now wiped my computer. I was attempting to locate a system recovery disk, or my Windows Vista Startup disk. I have now found my startup disk, and I'm not sure if it's possible to recall the thread from the archives,
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=63095&page=4

The thread was started Jun 16th, 2011 and your last post was in September of 2011. Unfortunately the topic cannot be re-opened.

Have you considered taking the computer to a local technician?

SLRHCristy
2012-02-16, 17:53
Tashi,

Thank you for your response. I have considered taking it to a local technician, but was hoping it would be possible to fix the issue here. I apologize for the delay in response to the previous thread-I had a terribly complicated pregnancy and delivery, and had to put this issue aside until things stabilized and the baby was doing better, and then had to work to find the disk. I am not very computer savvy, so wasn't sure exactly what to do from there. I will look into finding a local technician-it does seem to be a pretty bad infection, and may be best to go that route so I don't mess things up even more. Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,
Cristy

tashi
2012-02-16, 18:43
Hi Cristy,

Health comes first, sure hope all is well now.

I will look into finding a local technician-it does seem to be a pretty bad infection, and may be best to go that route
At this stage that sounds like a good idea. :)

Wishing you and your family all the best, :heart:

tashi.