PDA

View Full Version : detection and removal

bloucas
2012-02-13, 19:23
Let me start by admitting much of this is over my head so plz help.
When I described the issues to friends Im told its a malware problem. Sometimes my external keyboard types backwards but can be fixed by typing any key on my laptop (Sony Vaio) Main issue is pages revert to top of page when trying to scroll down and arrowing down over rides problem. I cannot run a DD. I have run spybot and no problems found. Also ran MS security ess. and malwarebytes, nothing found. Also cant write to D (thumb) drive as a back up, this was the 1st issue.
Bill
:sick:

tashi
2012-02-13, 20:20
Hello bloucas,

Please consider registering at a site such as WTT and starting a topic in the forum: General Hardware (http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=126)

That way you will see if there are hardware issues that need to be addressed.

This forum's FAQ: "BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288 )

Best regards :)

bloucas
2012-02-13, 20:57
hi Tashi, I did read the before you post stuff and this seemed like the best place to seek help. Doesn't this sound like a malware issue to you?

tashi
2012-02-13, 21:13
Hi bloucas,

Doesn't this sound like a malware issue to you?
No scenario can be ruled out until someone takes a look at the system.

Sometimes my external keyboard types backwards but can be fixed by typing any key on my laptop (Sony Vaio) Main issue is pages revert to top of page when trying to scroll down and arrowing down over rides problem. I cannot run a DD. I have run spybot and no problems found. Also ran MS security ess. and malwarebytes, nothing found. Also cant write to D (thumb) drive as a back up, this was the 1st issue.

By your own description the issue sounds hardware related which is why I suggested having that looked at first.

I did read the before you post stuff and this seemed like the best place to seek help.
To ask for assistance in this forum you'd need to start a new topic and provide the logs as shown in "Before You Post" ;)

bloucas
2012-02-13, 22:21
thank you again, I tried to run the DDS report but no good. I will try hardware post

tashi
2012-02-13, 22:24
Hi there,

thank you again, I tried to run the DDS report but no good. I will try hardware post
An infection can prevent the DDS from being run.

If the infection prevents DDS from running, please start a topic anyway and make note of the situation.If you do start a topic at WTT please provide them with a link back to this thread. :)

Cheers