PDA

View Full Version : IE redirecting.

omits
2012-02-19, 18:33
I have IE8/9 redirecting my ISP email logon address (after I've typed in uname + pwd) to a page whch sais "IE has prevented a redirection.... click here to continue." The click goes nowhere. This does not happen to other logons I have. I did have IE9 and reinstalled IE8 but this has not cleared the problem. I have to use Safari to logon. I have changed my pwds anyway.

I suspect some sort of malware. Can anyone be more specific about this type of behaviour? Would clicking have sent anything? Thanks.

tashi
2012-02-20, 00:08
Hello omits,

I have IE8/9 redirecting my ISP email logon address (after I've typed in uname + pwd) to a page whch sais "IE has prevented a redirection.... click here to continue." The click goes nowhere. This does not happen to other logons I have. I did have IE9 and reinstalled IE8 but this has not cleared the problem. I have to use Safari to logon. I have changed my pwds anyway.
Good that you changed your passwords, did you contact your ISP about the email login issue?

I suspect some sort of malware. Can anyone be more specific about this type of behaviour? Would clicking have sent anything? Thanks.
There are too many variables and questions to allow a definitive answer. :)

What is your operating system, security software installed and how is the computer running?

Best regards,

omits
2012-02-20, 09:34
I have run spybot 2 and cleaned all found. This only happens with IE and only with my BT yahoo account. When I logon with the right password it just flashes though a couple of screens then takes me back to the same logon screen. I have reset IE completely (+ personal settings).

W7Pro. MSE installed. The account is a limited one.

tashi
2012-02-20, 15:56
Hi there,

I suspect some sort of malware.
Is the computer running normally except for the email problem?

This only happens with IE and only with my BT yahoo account.

When I logon with the right password it just flashes though a couple of screens then takes me back to the same logon screen.

did you contact your ISP about the email login issue?