PDA

View Full Version : Tried out ver2.0.6.0 with strange results I don't know

friedemann
2012-02-20, 18:18
Usually I had ver 1.6.2. downloaded in machine so after the beginning months, I stopped visiting Spybot home page.(As nothing changed version wise)
So after a stretch I had to visit again mainly because I lost the download in my machine.

Now I see they have other versions and I tried 2.0.6.0build20111005 and ran it in my machine
My machine is in my home and hardwired to DSL connection. I am the administrator and the only one using it.

After a scan with Spybot; it shows me 3 id names me/me(1)/ and me(2) kind of idea
Also 3 I.E. browsers and 3 Firefox browsers
Kind of like layers.
The only thing I remember doing 3 times this year is feed the disc back into the machine (I am running XPprofessional) for the initial install and then at a seperate date to try to add files or on another separate date do a repair using the disc. <I might have used 3 different key codes>

The other is that the SB program told me I have 25000 clients on my network. Meaning what?

I got no website or anything like that. I had used Limewire and Frostwire but did not share because before DSL I had 52K modem on phone line so it is slow enough as is. No viruses or spyware in my machine.

The machine I am using is an ex Data Server. Is there some setting somewhere to correct this? (if it is a setting)

Can't write it any shorter as something would be missing and it would look like jibberish.

Slide-rule was my computer:::scratch::

spybotsandra
2012-02-21, 10:16
Hello,

That is a very old Beta.
We have released a new Spybot-S&D 2.0 Beta:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/news/2012-02-08.html

I would recommend to uninstall the latest 2.0 Beta
or
install the new 2.0 Beta over it.

Best regards
Sandra