PDA

View Full Version : torjan.sirefef.bv problem

ibuddie
2012-03-12, 14:36
Hi,

I have problems with removing a trojan.sirefef.bv virus from my computer.
Here is what I have done and what happened.

1.Full scan with my internet security program (F-secure) - it finds the virus and quarantines or removes it but it always comes back.

2. System restore - did not work

3.Dowloaded Advanced systemcare and ran a full scan and repair - computer is faster now but my original anti-virus program still finds the virus.

4. Tried to rename C:/windows/system32/setup.exe to setup.1xe - I dont think i did it right as could not rename the file type right.

Originally the virus went to C:/windows/system32 and it currently appears in C:/system volume information/ folder.

Now my internet and sound on the computer are not working anymore and the virus comes back all the time.

Would appreciate your help!

tashi
2012-03-12, 17:08
Hello ibuddie,

So that everyone is on the same track please see the FAQ which includes guidelines for this forum and instructions in post #2 on how to provide the preliminary "DDS" logs used for analysis.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Then start a new topic providing the logs and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available.

If you cannot produce the log please start a new topic anyway and explain the situation.

Best regards.