PDA

View Full Version : Some success with Beta 5 2.0

Dewey5718
2012-03-13, 04:49
I used every tool in the program to make it stronger . While it did a good job of digging out problem areas , lots, it took another program to find ,and delete"Trojan.crypt!K" . The logs tell all. Thanks for the use of the program . I will donate on payday . Please let me know the bad , as well as giid I may have developed . Dewey5718

Dewey5718
2012-03-13, 04:56
Caps on . Here is log

tashi
2012-03-13, 06:26
Hello Dewey5718,

As per my response to your PM. :)

I asked if the machine was infected as logs are not to be posted in any forum other than here in malware removal, where I have moved your topic. ;)

If you would like someone to take a look at the system please see the FAQ which includes guidelines for this forum and instructions in post #2 on how to provide the preliminary DDS logs used for analysis. http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Then start a new topic in this forum providing the logs as shown in that FAQ and a volunteer analyst will assist you when available. :)

:thanks:

Dewey5718
2012-03-13, 20:42
Beta 5 of 2.0 did very well finding coookies as well as some medium to WARNIng Items that where deleted . Also on a HJT log there are two !) items that HJT said that Spybot would remove them .Did not happen. TDSSKremoved the TrojanCrypt bad guy.

I set the tools choices to the highest settings available .Maybe need to be even higher . TDSSK goes for the root tho". Direction I red were not to encourging to use other parts of the 2.0. Not being an IT ,I wanted to err on the side of ,"too careful" ..

I'm going to post the logs . . I have no idea what to look for as to right or wrrong . IF you are interested in results ???

Thank you for your help Dewey

tashi
2012-03-13, 20:52
:greeting:Hello Dewey5718,

In your PM today you mentioned, "in spite of deletion of trojan.crypt!K there is some kind of worm left .
Not being picked by any anti spyware program I use "it" is still on PC."

Therefore in order for someone to advise you'd need to begin a new topic here providing the DDS logs, starting fresh as helpers look for topics with a zero response. :)

If Spybot-S&D has detected items it cannot remove and you have the latest version and detections, please produce the top of the log showing only the items flagged.
Please do not attempt to post the entire Spybot-S&D log as it won't fit in to the one post and is not needed unless requested.http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=1150&postcount=2

Best regards.

Dewey5718
2012-03-25, 19:54
I have another PC now . It seems to be clean at present . mark solved ..I hope Dewey5718 .Many thanks