PDA

View Full Version : Spyhunter spyware removal

DragonFan
2012-04-18, 04:57
hello it seems i accidently installed a malicious program on my computer i have removed and uninstalled spyhunter from doing worse damage as i do have wisecustomcalla files are they part of Spyhunter because i have uninstalled the program completely but there is some files left on my system and yes i do need help to clear it out

tashi
2012-04-18, 06:53
Hello DragonFan.

i do have wisecustomcalla files are they part of Spyhunter because i have uninstalled the program completely but there is some files left on my system
Did you have McAfee VirusScan installed at any time, a search shows WiseCustomCalla.dll (VirusScan Config Utility) was a component.

Best regards,

DragonFan
2012-04-18, 18:30
Hello DragonFan.

Did you have McAfee VirusScan installed at any time, a search shows WiseCustomCalla.dll (VirusScan Config Utility) was a component.

Best regards,

nope i use Kaspersky and those files was related to Spyhunter which i removed

tashi
2012-04-18, 19:13
Hello DragonFan,

The "Wise' installer often leaves something behind in the registry.

Registry edits are generally unnecessary unless being helped with a malware infection.

What is the operating system and how is the computer running? :)

DragonFan
2012-04-21, 00:37
Hello DragonFan,

The "Wise' installer often leaves something behind in the registry.

Registry edits are generally unnecessary unless being helped with a malware infection.

What is the operating system and how is the computer running? :)

Windows XP

tashi
2012-04-21, 01:27
Hello DragonFan,

and how is the computer running? :)

Windows XP
Does your XP have Service Pack 3 (SP3) installed? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322389

Best regards, :)

DragonFan
2012-04-24, 18:35
Hello DragonFan,

Does your XP have Service Pack 3 (SP3) installed? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322389

Best regards, :)

yes it does have Windows XP SP3 installed

tashi
2012-04-24, 23:59
Hi DragonFan,

Post #4

Post #6 ;)

Originally Posted by tashi
Gather it is running well. :bigthumb: