PDA

View Full Version : possible virus?

sdeguzman
2006-08-13, 09:31
i dont' know if this is relating to an earlier problem i had regarding the constant pop-ups of the the ""Automatic Updates has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.", but the Message Box Titles sometimes reads chinese characters, yet I do not know what htey mean. They occured several times prior to today, but i really noticed it when I was downloading some photos a friend was sending to me online and on the title of the message box where it would usually read the percent complete, it was swtiching from showing the percent completed to some chinese characters. The Automatic Updates boxes still occur, so I don't know wheter those 2 problems are related. Please let me know if you would like me to post a hijack log.. THANKS!

tashi
2006-08-17, 14:38
Hello, please see our 'sticky' topic:
BEFORE you post and who will advise you. Preliminary Steps (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Run the scans first.

Copy paste the HJT log here into this thread along with the results of the on-line anti-virus scan, and a helper will advise you as soon as available to do so.

tashi
2006-08-22, 08:52
This topic has been archived.

If you need it re-opened please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread.
Applies only to the original topic starter.