PDA

View Full Version : Can`t uninstall Spybot !

UninstallMan
2012-06-24, 13:49
- I`m sorry if I posted in the wrong section -

I try to uninstall Spybot ,but I can`t . I search for another topic with the same problem , and they told to activate advanced mode , go to Tools/Resident and uncheck Teatimer and SDHelper after uninstall it ,but 2 can`t be deleted : TeaTimer and advcheck . Both says : ''This action can`t be completed because the file is open in System settings protector'' . What can I do ?

To mention : when I press uninstall an avertisment appear :

''If you just want to undo changes that you have made with Spybot - Search & Destroy , do NOT uninstall it right now .Spybot - Search & Destroy has created backups to allow you to undo any changes it has made . Please start Spybot - Search & Destroy and use the Recovery section .
Also you may try to undo any protections you have applied in the Immunize section .

Are you really sure you want to completely remove Spybot - Search & Destroy and all of its componets instead of trying the Undo functions first ?''

I try to uninstall it for many time ,but the 2 files can`t be deleted . So , I reinstall it .

Zenobia
2012-06-24, 23:36
System settings protector is Teatimer.When you go to Tools/Resident and uncheck Resident "Teatimer",that is supposed to stop Teatimer from running.

Since it sounds like that might not be happening,go to Advanced Mode,Tools,Resident,uncheck Resident "Sdhelper" and Resident "Teatimer".
After that's done,right-click an empty area of the taskbar on your computer, and then click Task Manager.Scroll through the Processes listed in the Processes tab,and if Teatimer.exe is listed in there,right click it and end the process.
If that works ok,try uninstalling again.

The window that pops up asking if you're sure if you'd like to Uninstall Spybot is normal.Just press Yes to continue.

Please let me know how it goes. :)

UninstallMan
2012-06-25, 07:13
I uninstall it . Thank you very much :thanks:

Zenobia
2012-06-26, 19:03
You're welcome. :)