PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Adapter issue

jhesse
2012-06-24, 16:57
Hi...new here.... does Spybot have any issues with causing wireless adapters in laptops to disconnect, and then needing to be reset, which means rebooting the computer to reset and connect with wireless connections?

tashi
2012-06-24, 18:32
Hello jhesse,

Hi...new here.... does Spybot have any issues with causing wireless adapters in laptops to disconnect, and then needing to be reset, which means rebooting the computer to reset and connect with wireless connections?
I've experienced wireless adapter reset requests when connecting laptops to my network but the issue hasn't been caused by any software program. I reboot the router.

Using a search engine > laptop disconnects from wireless network < will bring up lots of hits.

Could you give more details please and include your operating system and version of Spybot-S&D. :)

Best regards,

jhesse
2012-06-24, 18:41
Hi...thanks for responding.... I am using an ACER Aspire laptop, and running Spybot 1.6.2 I did not have any issues until I started using Spybot about a month ago. When the Scheduler runs Spybot at 3am, and I come out in the morning and log on at my screen saver, my wireless adapter is disconnected, red-x'd out. When I put my cursor over it, or open it, it says no wireless connections detected. When I do a Windows diagnosis, it says I need to reset the wireless adapter. the only way to do that, that I know, is to reboot the computer. When I do that, everything comes back fine. I am running Windows 7 64bit.

jhesse
2012-06-24, 19:27
I am trying something that I found in the adapter settings....the box was checked that said the computer could turn off this device to save power...I have unchecked that box so it won't turn off the adapter to see if that works....
jh

tashi
2012-06-24, 19:37
:thanks:

jhesse
2012-06-24, 22:15
I will post tomorrow to let you know if that resolved the issue....
jh

jhesse
2012-06-25, 20:42
Ok, I found a setting in my laptop power settings that had the box checked to disable the wireless adapter as a power saving measure after so long a time.....thus overnight.... I unchecked the box, and the wireless adapter stayed on overnight last night when Spybot ran a scan..... that appears to have resolved my issue. I don't now think that Spybot had anything to do with it, unless during installation it enabled that process......

John Hesse

tashi
2012-06-25, 20:52
Glad you resolved the issue and thank you for letting us know. :bigthumb: