PDA

View Full Version : SpyBot Scan Results

Newfoundlander
2006-08-14, 19:51
I ran scan ypbot scan after getting the most recent update and and a llitle confused with the results.
(1) Congradulations no immediate threats found.
(2) User Abort! Scan was not complete successfully.
(3) Advertising.com

tashi
2006-08-15, 01:00
Hello.

Please open Spybot>Help>About
Let us know the version and latest detection update. :)

Newfoundlander
2006-08-15, 19:05
Thanks for the post back, Ver 1.4, latest detection date 2006-08-11.

spybotsandra
2006-08-16, 09:10
Hello,

1) Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" and select "Settings" --> "File Sets" in the left bar. There, please right-click somewhere into the list and choose "select all available checks".

2) Did you use a beta version of Spybot - Search & Destroy before?
We recommend a fresh install of Spybot - Search & Destroy.

Please uninstall your version of Spybot - Search & Destroy considering the following link:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/27.html
It is important to use the "very small fix".

Then make a fresh install of Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4.
You will find links to several download locations on our website:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html

You will also have to update your new version using the integrated updater. This should solve the problem.

3) Doubleclick (and others like Advertising.com, Avenue A, Inc, CasaleMedia, Fastclick, Hitbox etc.) are so-called tracking cookies. It is quite common for popular websites to employ such tracking cookies from third parties. They use them in order to track the users' surfing habits on their websites. As I said, these cookies are from third parties but they are employed by the site. There is a tool in Spybot-S&D: BrowserHelper, i.e. a bad download blocker for Internet Explorer. With this tool enabled such tracking cookies will be blocked. In order to activate this tool, please run Spybot-S&D and go to the "Immunize" page. Checking the checkbox will enable the BrowserHelper, a drop down menu will appear giving you some options. You should select "Block all bad pages silently". With that option set the notifications will no longer come up, but you will still have the protection.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot