PDA

View Full Version : Suggestiontool.org

KateWhitehart
2012-06-27, 11:57
Hello, my apologies for not doing this properly, I have read the Sticky 'Do This Before You Post' posts at the top of the forum but my computer won't let me download the links and I'm a bit confused...

I was wondering if someone here could help me? Whenever I type in any search boxes the search suggestions are covered by a new list of suggestions from 'Suggestiontool.org'. It is terribly annoying and I cannot seem to get rid of it. It is discussed here:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/chrome/w99XZF8T5c0

with no real conclusion but with a good screencap. Can anybody help?

Thank you so much for taking the time,

Kate

oldman960
2012-06-29, 20:34
Hi KateWhitehart, welcome to the forum.

To make cleaning this machine easier
Please do not uninstall/install any programs unless asked to
It is more difficult when files/programs are appearing in/disappearing from the logs.
Please do not run any scans other than those requested
Please follow all instructions in the order posted
All logs/reports, etc.. must be posted in Notepad. Please ensure that word wrap is unchecked. In notepad click format, uncheck word wrap if it is checked.
Do not attach any logs/reports, etc.. unless specifically requested to do so.
If you have problems with or do not understand the instructions, Please ask before continuing.
Please stay with this thread until given the All Clear. A absence of symptoms does not mean a clean machine.

Download the 2 attached files and save them to you desktop.

Extract the contents of tool.zip to your desktop. You will now have a file named OTL.exe with a yellow and black diamond shaped icon on your desktop.

Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
Click on Minimal Output at the top
Double click inside the Custom Scan box at the bottom
A window will appear saying "Click OK to load a custom scan from a file or Cancel to cancel"
Click the OK button and navigate to the file scan.txt which we just saved to your desktop
Select scan.txt and click Open. Writing will now appear under the Custom Scan box
Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan won't take long.

When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time and post them in your topic

oldman960
2012-07-03, 13:23
Hi,

Do you still need help with this?

oldman960
2012-07-05, 12:09
Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed.

Note:If it has been three days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh DDS log and a link to your previous thread. Please do not add any logs that might have been requested in the closed topic, you would be starting fresh.