PDA

View Full Version : Automatic scanning

Tom Brady
2006-08-15, 19:12
I am running Spybot on 2 machines. One machine is using Win98SE; the other Win2000. On the Win98SE machine I have scheduked Spybot to run automatically (using the task Manager) and have used the /Autocheck, /autofix, and /autoclose options with no problems. I have not been successful using these options on the other machine. The program starts as scheduled, but then stalls, and remains with the Spybot -Search & Destroy main screen waiting for further instructions.

What am I doing wrong, and how may I correct it?

md usa spybot fan
2006-08-15, 19:26
Try adding the following parameter:
/TASKBARHIDE
See the notes on /TASKBARHIDE here:
Are there any command line parameters?
http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=faq&detail=30

Tom Brady
2006-08-15, 21:38
Try adding the following parameter:
/TASKBARHIDE
See the notes on /TASKBARHIDE here:
Are there any command line parameters?
http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=faq&detail=30

I've already done that, with no success; plus the fact thatthe program runs automatically on one computer without difficulty. The problem appears to be specific to Win2000.

Spybot runs manually with no difficulty on the computer running Win2000, so it can't be a resident program, firewall, or virus protection that is causing the glitch

md usa spybot fan
2006-08-15, 22:27
Please go into Spybot > Help > About on the Win2000 system. What version are you running?
Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.3.
Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4.
etc.

The program starts as scheduled, but then stalls, and remains with the Spybot -Search & Destroy main screen waiting for further instructions.
When the "The program starts as scheduled, but then stalls ..." is the stall before or after the scan has run?

When you said "... with the Spybot -Search & Destroy main screen waiting for further instructions" are you refering to an answerable dialog?

Tom Brady
2006-08-16, 20:52
Please go into Spybot > Help > About on the Win2000 system. What version are you running?
Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.3.
Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4.
etc.

When the "The program starts as scheduled, but then stalls ..." is the stall before or after the scan has run?

When you said "... with the Spybot -Search & Destroy main screen waiting for further instructions" are you refering to an answerable dialog?

I apologize for having been unclear. I'm running Spybot 1.4.
When I referred to the program stalling I meant that it was ignoriing all the options on the command line. It behaves as if no options are present, and merely starts the Spybot program and waits for input.

The command line I've put into the Task Scheduler is
<C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SpybotSD.exe /Autocheck/Autofix/Autoclose>

md usa spybot fan
2006-08-16, 22:00
Try spaces between the parameters. Instead of:
/Autocheck/Autofix/Autoclose
Try:
/Autocheck /Autofix /Autoclose
Also add the the /TASKBARHIDE parameter (with a space between it and the other parameters).

Tom Brady
2006-08-17, 02:05
Try spaces between the parameters. Instead of:
/Autocheck/Autofix/Autoclose
Try:
/Autocheck /Autofix /Autoclose
Also add the the /TASKBARHIDE parameter (with a space between it and the other parameters).

Tat worked! Thanks for your help.