PDA

View Full Version : Firefox redirection from Home

Deimos2k12
2012-08-01, 19:18
Hi there, my Firefox seems to redirect to the same ads site (http://www.search.starburnsoftware.com/#) when I open the browser or I hit the Home button. I haven't done anything yet to solve the issue, but I've already downloaded (not installed yet) aswMBR, DDS, Erunt, Malwarebiets Antimalware and SuperAntiSpyware, if I miss something else, let me know, at the actual date I have Avira Antivir Personal on my system, I have no other malware removal programs installed (at least I think!) and my system restore is turned off for the moment. This issue occours on my portable notebook also, and it redirects to the same site. The strange thing is both the computers seemed to be "infected" at the same time, the only thing I remember is that I changed both Firefox and Chrome themes using Stylish plugin. Anyway, ready to begin... :red:

P.s. This issue on my Pc does NOT occour into Google Chrome, nor in my portable, all is about Firefox. Tnx for any help!

tashi
2012-08-01, 19:26
Hello Deimos2k12,

In case you missed it please see the FAQ which includes guidelines for this forum and instructions in post #2 on how to provide the preliminary DDS/aswMBR logs used for analysis.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Then you'd need to start a new topic providing the logs requested so a volunteer analyst can advise when available. :)

and my system restore is turned off for the moment.

Just so you are aware, from the sticky FAQ: "Please do NOT turn off System Restore trying to remove an infection. Doing so would only serve to destroy a known restore point (dirty or not) and won't remove the malware. Let your helper advise you as to when a System Restore flush is called for." ;)

This issue occours on my portable notebook also, and it redirects to the same site. The strange thing is both the computers seemed to be "infected" at the same time, the only thing I remember is that I changed both Firefox and Chrome themes using Stylish plugin.

Please post logs for one computer and make a note that you may also have an infected laptop. :)

Best regards.

Deimos2k12
2012-08-01, 20:26
Ok, I'll start a new thread about the issue, you can close this one.