PDA

View Full Version : IRCBot.win repeating message - need some help!

jackharry
2012-08-09, 15:21
The following message has appeared on my desktop:

"Spybot-Search and Destroy has encountered and terminated a process that is listed as part of a malicious software.

Process ID: 1960
Filename: runservice.exe
Found in: C:\Windows\
Identified as: IRCBot.win"

It gives me 3 options to inform me again, to automatically kill or allow to run. I have it on inform me again, however the message is reappearing constantly every few seconds. Is it ok to just have it automatically kill it or should I be doing something else. The same message has also appeared on a laptop, however it only appeared once and has not come back.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you

jackharry
2012-08-09, 15:44
update: the message is now constantly reappearing on my laptop now as well, with the only difference being the process ID is 1572

tashi
2012-08-09, 17:40
Hello jackharry,

Please open Spybot Search & Destroy > Help > About and let us know the version and the date of last definitions. :)

It is possible this is a false positive: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?p=429478#post429478

If the pop ups continue you might want to disable the teatimer until that topic receives a response tonight when our detectives are back on-line.

Best regards.

jackharry
2012-08-09, 17:52
Hi, thanks for replying. The version is 1.6.2.46 and the latest detection update is 8/8/12

jackharry
2012-08-09, 17:53
The pop ups have now stopped as I clicked on the option to automatically kill

jackharry
2012-08-10, 14:52
I see on the other thread that this has been identified as a false positive. I had already clicked on the option to automatically kill, which I have noticed from the log that it is happenning every minute or so. When this is sorted with the next update will I have to do anything? Thanks

tashi
2012-08-10, 14:56
Hello,

Please see Resident TeaTimer
http://www.safer-networking.org/support/tutorials/

Of course it is possible to revise each of your personal decisions. That could be necessary if you have denied some process which turns out as a good one later. You do so by right clicking on the TeaTimer symbol in the system tray – it is the blue one with the lock. (If you cannot see the symbol, it is probably hidden. Just click on the arrows in the system tray to show all hidden symbols.) A window appears where you have to click on Settings to modify your personal lists of registry changes and processes.

Best regards. :)

jackharry
2012-08-10, 15:31
Thank you

jackharry
2012-08-15, 14:54
I have applied the latest update today and then removed this from the list of blocked processes, however the messages then immediately started again started.

jackharry
2012-08-15, 15:08
Never mind, rebooted and that seems to have sorted it