PDA

View Full Version : IncrediBar Hijacker

JBon1@
2012-08-11, 02:27
Hi

In my PC; S&D detects this virus and I cannot eliminate it. Even though I am the administrator, the program shows a message that, I cannot use it, because I am not the administrator.
Also shows a message which states : "Cannot create file C:\Wininit.ini Acces Denied"
Please, I would very much appreciate your help. I´m not a experienced nor English speaking user.

Thanking you in advance. Best regards.

Jorge

tashi
2012-08-11, 03:09
Hello JBon1@ :welcome:

Also shows a message which states : "Cannot create file C:\Wininit.ini Acces Denied"

Although that is a common Windows error code, in our software it's not really an error so much as an administrative access issue.

In my PC; S&D detects this virus and I cannot eliminate it. Even though I am the administrator, the program shows a message that, I cannot use it, because I am not the administrator.

"On Windows Vista and Windows 7, Spybot-S&D might tell you that you are not authorized to perform some actions, since they require Administrator rights. You can solve this problem as follows:

1. Right-click the Spybot - Search & Destroy entry in your start menu, instead of just left-clicking to start it.
2. Choose Run as administrator from the context menu."

Run as Administrator (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=55946)

Hope that helps.

Best regards.

tashi
2012-08-16, 02:49
Hello JBon1@,

'Report a post' is normally used to report such as spam to moderators and administrators. ;)

You originally posted in the Malware forum.

(Last edited by tashi; Aug 10th, 2012 at .... PM. Reason: Moved from malware forum )

The topic was moved from there to the Spybot-S&D support forum.

If you have questions please post them here in your topic. :)

Best regards.